Wednesday, March 14, 2012

I received a Award

A Big Thank You to Mountain Quiltworks for this;
My job now is to share 7 things with you all, that you may or may not know about me,  and then find 15 other bloggers who also deserve this award and pass it on to them.   Finding deserving bloggers isn't hard, but coming up with seven things? 

#1 - I have a full time job during the day and I am balancing running 3 shops around that.

#2 - I have been quilting for 14 years now, and am beginning to take the plunge into long arm quilting with a new frame that my husband bought me two years ago.

#3 - My favorite type of quilting is hand work, I am particularly addicted to English paper pieced hexagons.

#4 - I like a challenge, but I am very nervous with new things

#5 - I will soon have a empty nest, my son is in the home stretch on plans for enrolling in the Air Force, and my daughter is planning on following her boyfriend to a possible job deployment in Florida.

#6 - I will be starting a new venture this year with my business, we are going to be doing Craft Fairs in our area in the hopes of getting my name out there for prospective customers.

#7 - I have dreams of someday owning my own brick and mortar quilt shop.

The blogs I am passing the torch to are ones that I follow, and each offer their own perspective on these very addicting crafts that we do and love.


7 comments:

  1. Hey Ruth, I learned a lot about you! Thanks for including me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Ruth, I am so honored that you passed the torch to me, as well as being included in such great company. I was already a fan of your work, but those 7 things just elevated your platform to the stars! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your blog award!

    So nice to meet you through Etsy’s Blogging Buddies Team.
    I am your newest blog follower! :)

    All the best,
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello you are such an inspiration!
    I'm your latest member from Etsy's Blogging Buddies Team.

    Michelle
    Healthiersteps

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've been nominated for an award! http://cereusart.com/2012/03/16/liebster-blog-award/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, so great of you to nominate me! It's going to take me a while to find 15 other bloggers. :-)
    and 7 things..hmmm... :-)

    The challenge is on.

    Sylvie

    ReplyDelete